Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Hour: Beating the Heat

The song "heat wave" is so much more fun than the actual concept. Rolling into the third straight day of triple-digit temperatures, I've given up on straight hair, on sleeping well and on doing anything outdoors that doesn't involve walking to the corner store for Diet Coke or complaining.

Though I'd never advise letting a Summer day pass unappreciated, today might be a day to give thanks for the warm weather from inside a nice cool bar.

The fine folks at Fado were kind enough to have me in for happy hour last night, and I can't think of a better place to spend a Summer evening (or hey, afternoon - it's still July) than this cool (as in hip) and cool (as in well-air conditioned) Irish pub.

Whether you're there to watch soccer or just to wait out the weather, cold beers and Irish accents await you.

So pour a pint - mine below was Strongbow on tap - and have a craic.


Did I not mention the DEAL?
Any combination of the above items for $10.


No comments:

Post a Comment