Sunday, April 1, 2012

Girls' Night In

If you take into account my years of hard living and affinity for wine, I'm technically middle aged and can totally justify my behavior this weekend.

After five nights straight of social engagements, I was more than ready to indulge my solitary tendencies with a night in. So I grabbed my favorite companion for a night of food, movies and PJs. When I said pizza, she was more than happy to oblige.


Though I've definitely spent many evenings eating out of cardboard containers, hosting yourself is a valuable opportunity to try something new before rolling it out to friends and family, and to have a nice evening devoid of small talk and extra dirty dishes. I try to make my evenings alone a little nicer with good food... and obviously wine.


I've been a longtime skeptic of Homemade Pizza Co. - if I wanted to make my own food, I would just make my own food and not pay someone. But after hearing from several respectable people that it's slightly better than my usual homemade pizza (Tombstone), I decided to discontinue knocking it until I tried it.

We started with the cheese bread... Hazel thought it was okay.


I liked it too (though my kitchen timer was broken so I overcooked it - see? Domino's never does this). But it was the pizza that won me over. The seasonal special, the Marinata, was delicious - I'll let them describe it: "Our all-natural prosciutto with marinated grape tomatoes, creamy chèvre & fresh chives on an olive oil base." Yum. 




I only wish I had gotten the cookie.


After dinner, we watched 50/50 - which was distinctly not funny and actually very sad, but the carbs and long week got to us. 



But that's the best part of hosting a party just for you - you can be as bad or go to bed whenever you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment