A lot of people find TJ Maxx daunting, because of the thousands and thousands of shirts, pants and designer dresses hanging in no particular order throughout the store. Personally, I like a good challenge.
But even if you're turned off by the Teej, HomeGoods has a unique inventory of designer dishes, linens, kitchen supplies and entertaining equipment, in a flea market atmosphere that makes a great find feel like you really found it.
The options are endless, from Cynthia Rowley tablecloths ($5.99) to Ralph Lauren sheets ($39.99).
Normally I find the items for Five Finds online so that anyone can buy them at home, but since no two HomeGoods stock the same, today I'm providing a few pictures of items I found, and encouraging you to head to your local store and send me your pictures!
Ginko Leaf Lamp ($35.99)
Let there be light... and luck! This lamp featuring lucky ginkgo leaves lightens up any room while not taking too much weight off the wallet.
Bolt Lamp ($35.99)
Okay, what can I say? I like lamps. Maybe I even... love... lamp? This one sits in my office and pays homage to my neighborhood's industrial roots. Plus, I bet it would be pretty effective against an intruder.
Yankee Candles ($9.99 for 24oz. jar)
If the normal price of Yankee Candles ($24.99 for 24oz. jar) isn't doodle-dandy for you, check out HomeGoods' supply of seasonal favorites (for the actual season that is occurring, as evidenced here) at a major markdown.
They also have a bunch of Mother's Day favorites - hint hint.
Wall Hangings ($25.99 each)
I'm not a good decorator. Part of this is because I am still close enough to my college years to have a Ramen budget, and part of it is because I am a hoarder. Literally. I can't throw things away.
But today, I threw caution to the wind and picked up a few new wall hangings, for about one fifth of what I found them for elsewhere.
Dish Towels ($5.99)
After spending years with sub-par IKEA towels, these bright, new and most importantly, absorbent ones are a breath of fresh air in the kitchen. And all you other ghetto chefs out there know that a thick towel translates to "potholder" when times are tough.





No comments:
Post a Comment