Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Prep Plus - Using the Night Before Your Party

This weekend, I assumed Mexican food would be easy. Beans, check. Rice, check. Tacos? Check, check and check.

Since I know myself and my tendency to assume wrong, I decided to get a little bit done on Friday night.

But you know what they say - if you give a mouse a cookie, it prepares a whole meal on Friday night.

Normally, you have a whole day to prepare, but with guests arriving just after noon, there were salsas to be made, chicken to be pulled and cake to be baked, cooled and set aside for decorating the next day.

So I turned on some kitchen music...


And got down to baking:


Chopping:


And putting the chicken in the crockpot so I wouldn't have to worry about pulling it as guests arrived:


And of course, I finished around midnight, which meant...


Getting organized the night before not only requires you to sacrifice one night of your wild and precious twenties, but a lot of effort. That being said, having a relaxed morning and the opportunity to enjoy the party from your well-organized kitchen is well worth the G&Ts you sacrificed.

(Sorry for the duplicate pics - I was a bad photographer on Friday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment