Monday, June 4, 2012

Five Finds for Easy BBQ-ing: Target

Yesterday morning, my trip to Target to pick up a few things turned into a paycheck-pounding binge shopping experience usually reserved for hoarders and coupon queens.

But it's Target. There's just so much stuff. 

Everyone knows that Target's trick isn't only product placement and making the city stores so full of children that you feel the need to flee before checking price tags. The key to their business is actually having great products at reasonable prices. Their Market Fresh lines are generally as good as their name-brand counterparts, and retail at almost 20% less. 

So from cleaning fluid to chicken cutlets, there's plenty to be found. 

Some of my favorites are: 

Sunscreen
When I'm being good to me, I usually pick up the Neutrogena brand spray sunscreen. It smells good and comes in a shiny bottle. But when I'm not trying to attract the opposite sex with my 'spensive sunscreens, I happily load on my SPF50 from the Target brand, which are currently on sale, 3 for $13. Your BBQ guests will appreciate your foresight and their sunny non-burn the next day. Bug spray gets you extra hostess gifts next time. 

 Grill Topper 
Though it's hard to think beyond the burger when preparing for your outdoor feast, I've recently come around to the concept of vegetables and am pretty enthusiastic about the concept. This stainless steel grill topper makes itself at-home, you guessed it, on top of your grill so that you can serve up some veggies, shrimp, whatever it is that's been slipping through the cracks with no hassle. ($12.99)


Bev Cart
For those of you that never worked at a golf course (or had friends who did - looking at you, Kaylee), you may not know the joys of a bev cart - meals on wheels on the course, except not a meal, just booze on a golf cart. Target obviously has some former country club employees, because this cart is the perfect way to keep you parched guests in water, wine or whatever it is they crave. (SALE: $249.95)

Hammock
Remember long Summer days in the suburbs, when your only worries were getting to the hammock first and getting your hands on the latest Judy Blume book? No? Well, whatever, I do and it was awesome. Space may be of the essence for this one, but if you do have the will, way and width between trees to hang up a hammock, your guests will love having a place to sneak away with their Summer fling. ($139.99)

Kim Crawford
I know I talk endlessly about this wine - my favorite white for any time, but especially Summer - but it is always a delight to find it on sale at Target for $12.99. Unfortunately, they don't retail wine online, but it's worth heading into the store to save four bucks each on a few bottles.


No comments:

Post a Comment